Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Mad Man Max's Moped Chop Shop and Motorized Bicycle Emporium


R.I.P.

So, a lot of bikes have been flying in and out of our workshop, but I've got some long term projects that I'm slowly building as well.

Maxi N-
The N pictured above is no more unfortunately. I'm glad my friend Tracy is going to be ok, as the bike got way chewed up courtesy of an absent minded Civic driver. Amazingly, the engine survived, and I'm pretty sure, will run. The past weekend, I got a new, white Maxi N delivered from Arizona by none other than former LA Tiger Cody Cain. I'm really excited about this built. This engine (a 24mm Gila w/Vforce) only had 40 miles on it when the bike was wrecked. It's been sadly sitting on my workbench ever since. I'm really stoked to get it back on a bike and have fun with it.

White Cobra Show Bike-
Long LONG time in the works now. I just can't seem to bring myself to pay for powdercoating. I'd rather buy go fast stuff. Shaw Mk80 + Destroyer + Mikuni 24mm + White Cobra = Oh Shit

Mini Cobra-
I'm converting a Pinto that I got from my friends (and excellent hosts) the Cranks. Hi CRANKS!! It's going to have a General tank, and a cobra seat. I'm currently trying to find 16" rims for it for cheap. I'm not sure what engine is going on this bike yet, but it may or may not become the Woolly Bully race bike. After the Lateburds invitational, specifically the relay races, the Bullies seem to have a taste for race. Once we figure out if it's going to race, I'll figure out the engine situation. Might be my first Tomos build...

The Newport-
My old Champagne Newport is being brought back to life. I recently had someone open a car door right in front of me while on that bike. I wound up fine but the bike was not quite as lucky. It's getting the heartbreaker cylinder (see 2 posts ago) and a make over.

Magnum #2-
Just got another Magnum frame. Now I've got everything to build myself another one. I don't know what I'll do with it, but I've got it in the works.

Newport #2-
I just finished a two seater Newport. Not sure if this counts as a project since I just finished it... Go to the Motomatic blog for a pic of Nash and Mike of The Cold Trailers goofing around on it at the Bird Invitational. (Didn't wanna repost without permission.) It's got a Hero Puch I ported on a Korado with a mangled 8p from the Maxi N incident. It's fun and super torquey despite the pipe. It had 4 people on it at one point and took them up a slight hill at the rally(!)

More pics to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment