Monday, March 29, 2010

New Build... Kinda



I built this Cranberry Newport as a loaner for some Cold Trailer friends that were coming into town for the LA races (rally?) It's got a ported Hero Puch cylinder on a Korado bottom end with a 21mm Dell, 8p, and a cool little custom seat/taillight thing I did. At 14x40, even with the 8p, it's the torquey-est Puch I've ever ridden. It took 4 people up a slight hill at the races. (Yes, you read correctly, 4!) I also did Mount Washington on the Birds ride this last Tuesday and it was basically just me and 2 variants at the front of the pack. I was even beating one of them off the line(!) This bike is super fun BUT the huge transfers eat gas more than any other kit I've ever ran... even more I think than my Gila w/24mm!!


P.s. If you read this blog and enjoy it, please post a comment. I think it will encourage me to post more.

5 comments:

  1. I can't see the photo. I am building a very similar engine right now for my free spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cylinder head did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what's up Max!!.....dude this is funny before we met this was the moped blog I found.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your bolg a lot man... keep it comming

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright! comments! Thanks guys.
    @ Billy. Are you Billy in LA Billy? Cool! Let's ride soon!
    @ John I used the Korado head. Not sure why you can't see the pic though. I will email you in you want.

    ReplyDelete