Monday, June 1, 2009

Down to the Wire.

Well it's looking like I almost assuredly won't be racing in June. My bike is still in pieces unfortunately. I did however receive a bunch of help from The Guru this week. I have to go back down to his workshop to get some stuff customed as well. The seat, the pipe, the fork brace, and the intake all need to be done. To make matters worse, after 2 years of living in Santa Monica, I need to move this month. I'm pretty sure that won't leave me with much for leathers or other race gear.

In addition to getting my bike ready this week marked the first of our weekly Woolly Bully rides. (We start from Stinker's bar on Sunset every Sunday night.) I'd have to say it was a big success, even though Chris got his bike working halfway though and didn't get to ride with us. 6 peds traversed Mulholland drive in the pitch black night. I rode my stock Newport, and I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself for being able to keep up. The trick is never to brake EVER. Check back here for some pics of last night/ this week. I'm being lazy about uploading them, but they are worth the wait, I assure you.

No comments:

Post a Comment