Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Hobbit Cobbling.

As you may or may not have noticed, up to this point my builds were Puch-based. I've worked on lots of bikes by now, but for myself, I worked on and built Puch's... until now. I've had a Honda Hobbit for a while now, but projects keep popping up in front of it. I think I have pretty much all the parts I need now though, so I'm finally going to get to work on this sucker.

For the build I have:
* 70cc Wizard Kit (Which I hear is a clone of the old Fast Arrow kit?)
* 18mm MLM intake
* 6 star rear mag w/malossi gears (supposedly)
* 6 roller camino vario, Derbi 3 roller vario, and possibly, a TJT from my Derbi project (which do you think I should use?)
* Camino Rear vario
* 19mm PHBG
* Mykitech Exhaust (might just buy a people's pipe from MLM instead)
* IRC Zap tires 
* Points, Stock CDI, and Clone CDI (Which do you think I should use?)

I've been working on porting the kit for the past couple days, which has turned into more of a stumbling block than I expected. Right out of the box, the wizard kits' ports are WAY off, specifically the exhaust. The window in the cylinder was uneven and out of round. I wish I had taken pics of the way the kit was when I got it, but it's pretty much right where I want it now... it just took a lot more work than I expected. I had to fix the damn thing before I could port it. That's ok, because I like kit prep/port work a lot, but for a few bucks more, I can see why people choose the name brand kits like Malossi and DR.

**PICS TO COME NEXT POST**

No comments:

Post a Comment